11.10.2004

Please help me with this title...

I need to have an idea. I’m pushing myself too hard. An exhibition is always something pressuring but if you have to think about dissertation, studio practice assessments, drawing, sketchbooks, photography, professional practice and paper work for all the modules… I don’t think it’s just an exhibition anymore. For me this is a test. Am I able to do it without my family and friends helping? How many people will show up if I only have 4 friends in Coventry? Will Ian come? Thom will. My other two Coventry friends are doing the exhibition with me. Am I good enough to do I’m trying to do? Will I come up with a name/title/concept for the exhibition? The first that crossed my mind was Skip Art. That would have a nice double meaning and it would make sense because all three of us use the skip as our main resource. After that I tried to move forward because we are going to invite Rafir to do his religious performance with the bible on his hand. So a thought about “wave”. It is present in the electronics I’ll use, Craig’s light and Mat’s sound. But wave could be too simple. The only other thing that all three of us use is electricity. But is that relevant? I also thought about the adbusters black dot on a white cube… That would say something but it looks conceptually empty from the outside.
The last title I heard that I liked was “State of play” in Serpentine gallery. The word “Project” is in vogue but I feel annoyed by it. Quantum Mechanics could come around. Particles. Electrons. Quarks!!! Hehehe Genetics. But would it be linked to what we’ll do? Ai ai ai … Don’t know what to do. Help I need time to stop for a week or two. There are two words that are frightening me right now, especially when they come together: NO SKETCHBOOKS! Need to put myself together and start them for the interim assessments.

Feel free to click on comments and put down a few random words that come to your mind and that could help me giving a title to the thing.

No comments: