1.31.2006

Obvious thoughts on web design

Enjoy web designing tonight. And try to smile in the morning when you feel sleepy.
I just realized I’m a slave of the previous me. Why couldn’t I have all the work done already? I’m also a slave of my future... A slave of the dream and aspirations of those people I want to become. One thing is for sure: the present should be enslaved by both future and past - otherwise dreams will always be just dreams.

Websites shouldn’t have any music in auto play because most people already have their own music. – The music policy will change in this blog now on. If you want music just click play…

The quality of a web address is rated according to 2 criteria: simplicity and how professional it sounds. If you can chose your domain it should always be .com because it is universal and not local like the .co.uk or the .pt. Unfortunately .net sounds cheap for absolutely no reason.

The structure of the site should be obvious. I hate websites where I can’t tell how much more I still have to see or read. I’m quite annoyed by complex moving menus.

Flash is great to show images in a more professional way as well as making transitions smooth. I need to upgrade that later on.

Unfortunately it is mandatory to have an option to see the same information in Portuguese. A bit more work but… what kind of Portuguese would I be if didn’t do it?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?

Anonymous said...

Delete shis text plz. Sorry