10.23.2004


The ways photography transformed the art world (and specifically painting) are obviously related to the possibility we have to record and reproduce works. This simple fact completely transformed the teaching of art(I), the permanency of an image(II), the importance of realistic painting(III), gave artists the possibility to work with found imagery(IV) and finally created a new area within the fine arts (V).

Today we only need a click. We are bombarded with photos and we usually don’t spend more then a few seconds if so to look at one image. This for me is scary. I can’t explain rationally the fear I feel but it moves my insides to think that I don’t really give a chance to most artists that will come across my way. Of course film makers and the artists that use more traditional media have an aura protecting them… I believe that it comes from those times when an image used to mean more than one year of hard work.  Posted by Hello

No comments: