10.26.2004


This is my ancestral friend Roberto Barbosa. This post is about him because he is family (a mix between my brother and second father) and also because he is the one responsible for the most beautiful photos I have in this blog. His artistic portfolio touches my sensibility as deep as it gets. It’s a pity I don’t have those in my laptop or I would show you what I mean. The family pictures he takes are just too good to stay in the album. Just like the one I posted with my father and me. His images gave me my memories back and the chance to remember the great days I had when I was taking a bath in the green big “Alguidar”. He lives for and through pleasure and teaches photography in two universities in Lisbon. He is loved by everyone he meets. He goes to FabriCa every July and shares the most perfect holidays with the other 10 of us. Poetry will never be enough for him. Only a great dinner with friends and lots of Portuguese wine will meet his desires. After that everyone goes outside to watch the Milky Way in a warm night remembering his glorious days of Cabo Verde and trying to guess if the waves will be big enough for us to play in the next day. He is the artist I would love to exhibit with. I just feel I need to improve a bit before that... When I'm ready I'll ask him to do it in Tavira. Roberto will always be the dreaming passionate love he shows every single day to everyone. I'm sorry I couldn't write this in Portuguese but I want all my friends to understand. E que ganhe o Benfica! Que as Solteiras nos esperem em Julho perto do nosso monte alaranjado e que as conquilhas seguidas do nosso polvo nunca nos deixem à espera na mesa porque a sangria de espumante não dura sempre... Um obrigado lá de dentro pela força toda, pelos ensinamentos e por seres o Bob.
 Posted by Hello

2 comments:

rob said...

gostei de rever este post...

maria antunes said...

E eu gostava de te rever a ti. Beijos Rob